Water Utility Emergency
Mississippi - Emergency Management Agency (EMA) District 3
When you need help:
You are not alone during an emergency!
Help is available through local, county, state, and non-
governmental organizations.
Request assistance from your local resources first (police, fire, health, Local Emergency
Operations Center or EOC, and existing mutual aid partners - if applicable).
Contact your County EOC for additional assistance (see numbers on next page) if needed AND
be prepared with:
a)	Your utility's name.
b)	Your utility's address.
c)	Your contact information.
d)	What you need (kind and type of resource, such as a Type IV generator:
a trailer-mounted, 400 KW, sound attenuated, multi-voltage panel, 3-phase
e)	Address where the resource is needed and/or GPS coordinates (in case street
signs are down).
f)	How long you will need the resource.
g)	If you need a qualified operator for the requested equipment.
h)	Don't forget to ask for an anticipated delivery date and time and a point of
contact, if available.
Check back - there may not be a formal tracking number assigned to your resource request at
the County level.
If your County EOC is not activated, contact the Mississippi Department of Health (DOH) 24/7
Hotline at (866) 458-4948. DOH can submit your resource request directly to the State EOC.
Keep in Mind:
If the County EOC cannot fulfill your resource request, they will forward your request to the
State EOC. They will try to locate the resource within Mississippi.
If the State EOC cannot fulfill your resource request, they may contact other states or the federal
government through FEMA.
FEMA will coordinate federal resources.
This can be a lengthy process so don't wait too long to ask for help.
 Not all assistance will be free-of-charge. The Requesting Utility may be responsible for some
or all of the costs.
If you are a for-profit utility, you may be offered only limited personnel assistance (no
equipment) during a public health crisis.
The best way to make sure you get what you need is to have pre-disaster contracts and mutual
aid agreements. If you wait until after the disaster to plan, it may be too late.
If interstate mutual aid and assistance is required, utilities may request assistance through the
MS Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) coordinator to access assets in
neighboring or other states.
DRAFT FINAL 05-17-07

Who To
EMA District 3 EOC Phone Numbers*
Attala Co.
Losciusko-Attala Co.
Civil Defense
216 W. Jefferson St., Kosciusko
911 - After hours
Mississippi Department of Health
DOH staff will call you in an
emergency if they don't hear from you.
If you don't answer, they will send a
representative to you to help.
The representative will assist you in
obtaining needed resources.
24/7 Hotline
Holmes Co. EMA
575 Main St., Chula
911 - After hours
Montgomery Co.
Civil Defense
109 Liberty Street, Winona
662-283-1121 - 24/7
Bolivar Co. EMA
114 South St., Cleveland
911 - After hours
Humphreys Co. Board of
16735 US Highway 49, Belzoni
662-836-6579 - 24/7
Sunflower Co. EMA
201 Cypress Drive, Indianola
662-207-8627 - 24/7
Carroll Co. Civil Defense
600 Lexington St., Carrollton
662-237-6912 -After hours
Leflore Co. EMA
310 W. Market St., Grand Woods
662-392-0204 - Cell 24/7
Washington Co.
Emergency Management
910 Courthouse Ln., Greenville
662-334-4523 - Sheriffs Office
* Phone numbers can change, so be sure to check with your EOC on a regular basis.
Other organizations that can help you locate resources in the event of an emergency are:
Mississippi Rural Water Association: (800) 343-2520
 Community Research Group: (479) 445-3729
Mississippi Water & Pollution Control Operator's Association, Inc.: (601) 857-0512
In the future, you will be able to tap into the resources of all of these organizations through
membership in the Mississippi WARN System, which is currently under development.
DRAFT FINAL 05-17-07